ERW & LSAW pipe – Dual certified to API and many other specifications for the general construction/fabrication and pressure pipe markets.
ERW and LSAW Pipe Supplier Australia Wide
- Aarbro Steel Trading Pty Ltd are your trusted supplier of ERW & LSAW pipe. Our ERW and LSAW steel pipes are typically used in the oil and gas industry for transporting fluids such as long-distance pipelines, however they can also be used in the piling, construction and general fabrication industries.
What is the difference between ERW and LSAW pipes?
- There are a few main differences between ERW pipes and LSAW pipes.
- ERW pipes are manufactured from steel strip whereas LSAW pipes are manufactured using steel plates; and
- The welding process is different.
- Electric Resistance Welded (ERW), or High Frequency Welded (HFW) pipe is formed from steel strip by rolling into a tube and then heating the edges by using an electrical current. The edges are then pushed together to form a fusion bond – a bond that does not require any welding wire.
- The diameters of Electric Resistance Welded pipe ranges from 15mm (½ inch) to 609.6mm (24 inches) and can be a cost effective alternative to
seamless pipes. Some major advantages of ERW/HFW pipe over seamless pipe include; a uniform and precise outer and inner diameter, a closer wall thickness tolerance and good surface quality.
- Longitudinal submerged arc welded (LSAW) pipes are manufactured from steel plates, are formed in a hydraulic forming machine and joined by the Double Submerged Arc Welding (DSAW) process. These pipes are usually much larger than ERW pipes, and generally range from 406mm (16 inches) up to 1500mm (60 inches).
- The finished LSAW steel pipe can also be produced in a wide range of specifications for both fluid handling and structural applications. Its major advantages are large diameter heavy wall for greater strength and corrosion resistance.
Our people have been in the steel industry for over 40 years with Aarbro Steel Trading operating in the business of importing steel and tubular steel products since 2014.
No two projects are the same. For this reason, it’s best to get in touch with a specialist tubular steel supplier who can provide you with the expertise you require.
Industries We Service
Aarbro Steel Trading are a supplier of quality steel products to a number of industrial sectors including:
- Oil, Gas & Water.
- Marine (specifically jetty and marine construction).
- Infrastructure projects (such as railways and bridges).
- General Construction & Fabrication, including prefab steel and architectural steelwork.
We also provide a vast range of pipeline products and bulk steel for the Australian distributor and stockist markets.
Steel Supply Process
1. We receive your request for quotation.
2. Source the product.
3. Quote the client and order received.
4. Product is manufactured.
5. Product is cleared for export and shipped to Australia.
6. Customs/Import process.
7. Local delivery direct to your project site.
Contact us today to discuss your steel supply needs.
Why Choose Us
When it comes to the supply of seamless steel pipes, spiral weld tube and other steel products from offshore, we understand what is important to our clients.
With our extensive knowledge of Asian steel manufacturers, we are able to offer our clients quality steel products, manufactured to the highest standards, and delivered on time and in full.
When supplying steel for major construction projects, there's no room for error. You need a quality product, fabricated to your exact requirements, and delivered on time to ensure your project runs smoothly.
From sourcing your steel to handling all importing and customs requirements, Aarbro Steel Trading will ensure the highest quality services with a smooth transaction from start to finish.
WE ARE PASSIONATE
The owner has a proven record of accomplishment and we are a reputable Australian owned company. We strive to ensure all projects are done with the utmost professionalism using quality materials and manufacturers.
HONEST AND DEPENDABLE
For us, honesty is the only policy and we strive to complete all projects with integrity and fairness, not just with our clients, but also our suppliers and subcontractors.
WE ARE ALWAYS IMPROVING
We commit ourselves to complete all projects within the timeline set with our clients. Our manufacturing partners use the best technology and tools to ensure there are ‘no surprises’ We take great pride in our attention to detail.
Whatever your project or supply needs, the experienced team at Aarbro Steel Trading will be pleased to discuss how best to meet your specific requirements.
Look no further for your professional steel supply partner and contact us today for a quote.